Multi-Company Page User Guide
Adding or removing columns
- Select the item (a metric, financial ratio or other information) requested from either of the dropdown menus Find Standardized Metrics. In addition, you can use the Search Standardized Metrics box to search for metrics using simple key words (e.g., inventory, revenue, etc.).
- Advanced users may want to search by XBRL tags by using the "Search XBRL Tag" box (For some basic information about the difference between a standardized metric and an XBRL tag, check out our knowledge base).
- Remove columns by clicking the box to the right of the column name and choose Hide Column.
- You can use the same box to examine a metric’s Previous Period, Time Series, Sort the column or create a chart.
- Select the time period by clicking on the Select Calendar Period and Year drop down menu.
- From the menu, you can select Y for the annual report or one of the quarters.
- Click on the box to the right of the TTM to choose the most recent 4 quarters for each company.
- Want to see the underlying information for a particular data point or ratio? Double-click any number or click on Trace when you hover over a number.
- In most cases you can double click the trace results to get further trace information.
- You can also go to the source SEC filing for the company by clicking on the ‘sec’ link to the right of the company name.
- You can export the data to a spreadsheet at any point by clicking on the Export at the top of the page. Note that you can export the numbers ‘as is’, or exporting with the ability to trace the metric back to the source document (Export Trace). You can also export the numbers with Calcbench Excel formulas for further future manipulation (Export Formulas).